Common Causes of Back Pain and How Chiropractic Care Can Provide Relief
Back pain is a prevalent issue that affects millions of people worldwide, causing discomfort and limitations in daily activities. Understanding the root causes of back pain is essential to finding effective solutions for relief. In this blog post, we explore some common causes of back pain and how chiropractic care at Kula Health can offer natural and lasting relief.
Poor Posture and Sedentary Lifestyle:
- Latest research suggests a sedentary lifestyle is the new smoking. Extended period of sitting combined with negatively impacts your overall health and can contribute to back pain and degeneration of the spine and surrounding tissues.
- Chiropractic adjustments are designed to realign the spine and restore biomechanics, take pressure off the nerves, and alleviate tension in the muscle and connective tissues.
Muscle Strain and Injury:
- Repetitive use and poor posture and biomechanics can lead to muscle strains, sprains, and injuries causing imbalances in the body which can lead to back pain.
- Chiropractic techniques improve biomechanics and muscular function, restore joint range of motion, increase circulation which leads to a decrease in inflammation and promotes healing.
- Joint dysfunction and restriction, or misalignments in the spine (subluxations), can directly cause back pain.
- The role of a chiropractor is to restore proper spinal alignment, relieve pressure from the nerves and facilitate balance in the surrounding musculature and soft tissue.
Herniated Discs and Sciatica:
- An overview of herniated discs and their connection to sciatic nerve pain.
A herniated disc is a condition where the connective tissue of the intervertebral disc is damaged/weakened enabling the nucleus (which is normally located within the center of the disc) to bulge. This bulge/herniation can compress the spinal nerves, spinal cord and surrounding tissues leading to pain, sciatica and dysfunction.
- How chiropractic care can alleviate pressure on the discs and relieve sciatica.
A chiropractic adjustment is performed by applying a high velocity, low amplitude thrust to a stuck or misaligned spinal joint or vertebra. This gaps the vertebral joints and encourages disc material to move back to centre, restores spinal function, decreases localised inflammation and nerve irritation, and reduces pain and associated muscle spasm.
Embracing Holistic Healing: Chiropractic Care for Lasting Relief and Well-Being
Chiropractic care addresses the underlying causes of back pain, providing clients with a drug-free and non-invasive approach to healing and relief. By focusing on the root of the issue rather than merely treating symptoms, Kula Health’s chiropractic services aim to restore balance and well-being and inspire you to become healthier versions of yourself!
Are you ready to experience the transformative power of chiropractic care? Take the first step towards a pain-free and balanced life by booking an appointment at Kula Health today.